Every era has its own fitness booms. The 60s and 70s had bodybuilding. The 80s and 90s had aerobics. Now, in the 2000s, we have crossfit.
Equally popular among both men and women, it’s the latter that will be the focus of today’s article, as I try to help you pick out the most important accessory for any cross-fitter, footwear. Use the Calorie Burn Calculator to get a detailed examination for yourself.
I’ll show you a variety of women’s crossfit shoes, including my personal favourite, the Reebok Women’s Crossfit Nano 8.0, to match the varied needs of any female crossfit enthusiast.
- 1 What Is Crossfit?
- 2 Table Of Comparison For The Best Women’s Crossfit Shoes
- 3 Reebok Women’s CROSSFIT Nano 8.0
- 4 Drawbacks
- 5 Alternative Options
- 6 Best Value-K-Swiss Women’s X-160
- 7 Most Comfortable-Asics Women’s Gel-Nimbus 21
- 8 Best “LARGE” Option-Inov-8 F-Lite 230 V2
- 9 Best Variety Of Styles-Adidas Women’s Cloudfoam QT Racer Expressive
- 10 Conclusion
What Is Crossfit?
Crossfit is the newest exercise craze that has been sweeping the globe for the last decade.
It combines traditional resistance exercises with cardiovascular training, to provide what some consider to be the most well-rounded way to train. It provides the ability to build strength and muscle, while simultaneously burning stubborn fat. Do check out the
The main issue detractors have with this style of training is that form is considered irrelevant.
Whereas it is considered crucial in traditional weight training to use proper technique to fully contract a muscle and work it through a full range of motion, in crossfit the aim is to get the weight from a to b by any means necessary.
The belief is that this provides multiple benefits, such as:
- Improved explosiveness.
- Increased strength from moving larger weights.
- Better cardiovascular conditioning.
- Stronger joints and connective tissues.
The main negatives people site when criticising it are limited muscular development due to less strict contractions and an increased chance of injury.
Now, while that first point won’t worry those who aren’t really focused on building muscle, the second issue is relevant to everybody.
While any physical activity comes with some level of risk, crossfit definitely has the ability to damage participants if they aren’t careful, due to the explosive, sometimes uncontrolled nature of the movements involved.
As a result, many cross-fitters use equipment such as elbow sleeves, knee wraps, wrist braces etc to protect themselves as much as possible.
When it comes to which part of the body takes the most strain, it is undoubtedly the feet.
Whether it be impact from running and jumping, the strain of supporting heavy loads during a lift or simply standing during your rest periods, they take an absolute pounding.
That’s why it’s essential to select the correct footwear and give yourself as much protection as possible.
After doing extensive research, using what I feel to be the most important criteria, I’ve selected 5 women’s crossfit shoes that I believe should provide suitable protection for any woman, whether they’re an experienced cross-fitter or just getting started.
So sit back, give your feet their well-deserved rest and take a look at which one is right for you.
Table Of Comparison For The Best Women’s Crossfit Shoes
|Best Large Size||10/10||6/10||8/10||8/10||7/10|
|Best Style Variety||8/10||7/10||9/10||6/10||10/10|
One of the best ways to gauge what is truly the best version of a product is to ask multiple sources for their top options. People are always going to have their own preferences, but if one option keeps popping up on every list, it shows the quality is there, no matter what you are looking for.
That’s exactly the case here, as I didn’t speak to a single person when researching women’s crossfit shoes that didn’t mention the Reebok Nano 8.0s.
When I then combined that discovery with the reviews from customers and critics who had purchased these shoes, it became clear that they were the pinnacle of their product.
- Comfort-As I established at the beginning of this article, your feet take a beating during crossfit. That’s why keeping them comfortable is important to reduce the soreness and strain on them. One of the common things people mention when discussing these shoes is just how comfortable they are. That immediately makes them a valuable commodity to any cross-fitter.
- Support-It’s all good and well them being comfortable, but then again so are slippers and they wouldn’t be good for crossfit either. These have added support and padding around the areas that take the most strain, such as the arch of your foot and your ankle, to make sure they keep you safe while you’re training.
- Breathability-No one wants to end a workout and have feet drenched with sweat. Not only is it unpleasant but it’s also the perfect breeding ground for bacteria that can cause issues such as athletes foot. That’s why the lightweight, synthetic material these are made from is such a bonus, as they allow your feet to keep nice and dry throughout.
- Variety Of Styles-While functionality may be the most important factor when buying a crossfit shoe, people also want to look good while they’re working out too. The Nano 8.0 comes in 21 different colours, so whatever your preferred style, they’ll likely have something to make you happy.
- Price-When it comes to looking at drawbacks to the Nano 8.0 there’s only one place to start and end, the price. One of the more costly pairs of women’s crossfit shoes I looked at, I’d be lying if I didn’t say that might put some people off. Everyone has their own budgetary needs when it comes to purchasing accessories but all I can say is, while they are expensive, you do get what you pay for.
What more could you possibly want from a pair of women’s crossfit shoes that the Nano 8.0 doesn’t provide you ask? Good question. Well, while it is incredibly well rounded, there are a few things that other options may do slightly better, which is what I’m about to show you.
We’ll start off by addressing the main issue with the Nano 8.0s, the price. If you’re looking for a more cost-effective pair of women’s crossfit shoes, the K-Swiss X-160s are hands down the best on a budget. Still a great, highly regarded shoe, they come in at less than half the price, making them more attainable to people from all walks of life. The only drawback is that the range of styles and sizes available is, unfortunately, much more limited.
In the same way that the Nano 8.0s came up in every discussion about the best women’s crossfit shoes, these were involved in every discussion about the most comfortable. Using a combination of SpevaFoam, FlyteFoam, an Ortholite sock-liner and their patented Impact Guidance System, Asics have used everything in their repertoire to ensure that every inch of the foot has been considered when designing these, to provide an unrivalled level of comfort. Unfortunately, just like with the nano 8.0s, you pay for the work that’s gone into them, as these are the most expensive option on this list.
Despite the fact we are getting bigger and bigger as a species with every passing generation, the fact is people with large feet are still often limited and sometimes not even catered for at all. If that sounds like you, I can not only relate, having had the same problem myself but may be able to provide you with a solution.
The F-Lite 230 V2 from Inov-8 is available in sizes all the way up to a women’s 16.5. I must admit, even I would be shocked to find many people requiring a bigger size than that, particularly females. So if you want to get involved with crossfit, or sport of any kind, but have been limited by the footwear available to you, I’d recommend giving these a try.
We all want to look good when we exercise, for that confidence boost it gives us that can spur us on. While men often have to make do a bit when it comes to fitness attire, women have a much greater variety of options available to them. It’s therefore only logical that you’d want to be able to get shoes to match the rest of your outfit. At the time of writing, these particular women’s crossfit shoes are available in an astounding 41 different colour combinations. With a choice like that, it’s almost guaranteed you’ll find one to match your personal style.
When it comes to crossfit, if you want to be involved for any length of time, you need to look after your feet and investing in a good pair of shoes is the best way to do that.
While I wholeheartedly believe the Nano 8.0’s are the best option, I understand that the price could be off-putting. Just remember that high price doesn’t mean they aren’t still a great value, especially when it comes to such a vital piece of equipment.
That said, all 5 of the options on this list are highly regarded, quality women’s crossfit shoes. If one is standing out for whatever reason, you should rest assured you will receive an item that will meet your expectations and then some.
So the only thing left to do now is go and grab yourself a pair so you can hit the ground running.