When it comes to feeding, it is not just about eating anything; it is about eating the safest and healthiest food for you. Burgers generally are one of the food sources that are mostly consumed in various places around the world.
Before now, veggie burgers are believed to be ideal only for vegetarians and individuals with a weight loss plan. However, there is a notable alteration in the recent trend. The veggie burger is now a top choice for anyone that intends to make a healthy choice for their diet.
Selecting the best veggie burger out of the diverse brands might prove a hassle for most buyers; hence, the need for this review. This review is based on critical evaluation of nutritional value, customers’ review, and consideration of other critical factors after deep research into various veggie burger brands.
Our overall pick for the best veggie burger is Beyond Meat Plant-based Bugger Patties. This product earns its place as our overall pick because of its high nutritional value, safe ingredients, and cost-effectiveness. It is also safe to consume without posing any health risk.
It doesn’t matter if you are getting your veggie burger at burger king, the veggie burger at McDonald’s, or veggie burger homemade. What matters is getting the best veggie burger with the perfect veggie recipe. Getting a veggie burger of the right recipe from the appropriate source will certainly boost your diet.
- 1 Comparison Table for the Best Veggie Burgers
- 1.1 Overall Pick: Beyond Meat Plant-based Bugger Patties
- 1.2 Runner Up: Dr. Praeger’s Super Greens Veggie Burgers
- 1.3 Also Great: MorningStar Farms
- 1.4 Value Pick: Gardein Meatless Crispy Chick’n Patties
- 1.5 Best Budget: Vegan Burger (9 Patties) – Viva Italiano
- 1.6 Conclusion on the Best Veggie Burgers
Comparison Table for the Best Veggie Burgers
|Overall Pick: Beyond Meat Plant-based Bugger Patties||
||Simple Plant-based Ingredients|
|Runner Up: Dr. Praeger’s Super Greens Veggie Burgers||
||Packed with 6 Super greens|
|Also Great: MorningStar Farms||
||Perfect blend of protein and vegetables|
|Value Pick: Gardein Meatless Crispy Chick’n Patties||
||Perfect meat substitute|
|Best Budget: Vegan Burger (9 Patties) – Viva Italiano
||Gourmet vegan flavor and affordable cost|
Overall Pick: Beyond Meat Plant-based Bugger Patties
It feels like this brand comes directly from the veggie heaven. One of the best-selling points of Beyond Meat Plant-based Bugger Patties is its protein composition and its plant-based ingredients.
This brand contains about 20g of beef, thus indicating that the bugger supplies more protein than beef. They are shipped frozen in an insulated container with dry ice. It is also a safe and hygienic product; it is soy and Gluten-free.
Beyond Meat Plant-based Bugger Patties have a nice taste that can get you craving. After proper preparation, the product can give a meat-like flavor and a slightly charred taste. Overall, this product is tasty, nutritious, and safe to consume.
- High Protein Content: One pack of Beyond Meat Plant-based Bugger Patties contains up to 20g of protein; it supplies more protein than beef! Therefore, you don’t have to worry about protein supply with this veggie burger.
- Soy and Gluten-Free: The ingredients of this product are plant-based. It is almost entirely natural. You won’t have to bother about consuming unwanted constituents like soy and Gluten.
- Tasty: Beyond Meat Plant-based Bugger Patties do not only offer nutritional benefits; it also offers a taste that would give you an amazing feeling.
- Relatively expensive: Beyond Meat Plant-based Bugger Patties is relatively expensive compared to most other veggie burgers available. You might need to budget a notable amount to get this product.
- Special Preparation: You might have to go through some special preparatory steps for this product, which might be challenging for buyers with poor cooking experience.
Runner Up: Dr. Praeger’s Super Greens Veggie Burgers
Praeger’s Super Greens Veggie Burgers is another impressive brand with some of the best veggie recipes. It is a product with one of the best veggie burger calories. It contains six super greens with just about 100 calories. Some of the ingredients of this veggie burger include sea salt, Turnip Greens, Potato Flakes, Mustard Greens, etc.
Consuming Dr. Praeger’s Super Greens Veggie Burgers has no age restriction. It is easy to prepare and comes with nutritional content that the whole family can safely consume. It has a somewhat dense texture that won’t make you miss chewing it. Likewise, it will fill you without filling you out.
Dr. Praeger’s Super Greens Veggie Burgers is also gluten-free and provides a wholesomely delicious taste. The flavor of this product comes primarily from its mashed potatoes ingredient.
- High Nutritional Value: This product offers high nutritional value. It contains six super greens with only 100 calories. Likewise, it is a gluten-free and Non-GMO project verified.
- Easy To Prepare: Dr. Praeger’s Super Greens Veggie Burgers is easy to cook, even for those without good cooking experience. It also allows you to use different styles and cook it your way.
- Delicious and Tasty: Aside from giving a dense beef-like texture, it also offers delicious tastes. The product gives an admirable flavor of mashed potatoes and peas.
- Low Protein Content: If you seek this veggie burger as an alternative for meat, you might need to look elsewhere for protein supplements. This product does not have enough protein content to replace meat completely.
- Non-Flexibility: Dr. Praeger’s Super Greens Veggie Burgers is loaded with greens. Therefore, it might not be suitable for non-green lovers.
Also Great: MorningStar Farms
Looking for some of the best veggie lunch ideas? You have it right here, MorningStar Farms veggie burger. Aside from its delicious taste, the overall nutritional quality of this product is impressive.
MorningStar Farms gives an almost perfect blend of protein and vegetables in the same burger. It offers a 9g protein per 38g serving, making about 13% Daily Value (DV) of protein. The veggie sausage patties will not let you miss the meaty taste that much.
Another selling point of MorningStar Farms is its taste. It has an enticing taste of spices and aromatic herbs. The product is also easy to prepare, and simple refrigeration is enough to store the product until you need it.
- Perfect Protein/Vegetable Blend: MorningStar Farms is one product that doesn’t focus on only one aspect. You get to have more plants in your diet and still enjoy 9g of protein in a 38g serving.
- Low Calories: You don’t have to worry about your calorie intake with this product with just 70 calories per serving and 81% less fat than cooked pork.
- Easy to Cook: MorningStar Farms is quite easy to cook and prepare with assured food quality and food safety.
- Relatively Small: Many consumers complain about MorningStar Farms being too small in its pack.
- It is Not 100% Veggie: This product is not completely veggie because it contains milk and egg. Some full vegetarians neither take eggs nor milk. This product is not also GMO-free.
Value Pick: Gardein Meatless Crispy Chick’n Patties
Gardein Meatless Crispy Chick’n Patties is popular among most veggies because it is suitable for almost any dish, including salad, sandwiches, etc. The ingredients and veggie recipe of this product are both delicious and healthy.
This product offers an almost perfect meat substitute. This product’s tasty and healthy feature is a function of its base ingredients that include wheat, vegetables, and a blend of soy. It also provides an abundance of protein that won’t let your diet feel protein deficient in the absence of meat.
You get to enjoy 14g of protein per serving with Gardein Meatless Crispy Chick’n Patties. This product is plant-based, dairy-free, contains minerals and vitamins, and vegan certified; thus, making it a perfect fit for a healthy lifestyle.
- Impressive Nutritional Blend: Gardein Meatless Crispy Chick’n Patties has an amazing nutritional blend for a healthy lifestyle. It contains vitamins, minerals, and 14g of protein per serving.
- Tasty: This meatless product is tasty with an impressive flavor. The proportional blend of its base ingredients contributes to this impressive taste.
- Easy To Make: You don’t need extraordinary cooking skills to prepare this product. Likewise, you don’t need to spend all day in the kitchen because the product only takes about 10 minutes to cook.
- Excess Oil: While this might not be a problem with some users, it might pose a huge problem to those conscious about their oil intake.
Best Budget: Vegan Burger (9 Patties) – Viva Italiano
Do you want to get one of the best Veggie burgers while staying within a limited budget? Vegan Burger is one of the most affordable veggie burgers you can get. And don’t get it twisted, the affordable cost does not mean the nutritional value or quality is compromised.
You can be confident of getting a delicious taste and authentic vegan flavor with Vegan Burger. It gives a unique taste that is almost completely different from other products in the market. Even with your eyes shut, you can easily tell it apart from other veggie burgers with its taste.
Vegan Burger is much more than just the taste. It also gives an amazing nutritional blend. It offers one of the most nutritional and pure veggie recipe blends. Some of the ingredients that form this product’s solid base are spinach, tomatoes, and delicious potato beans.
- Pure Natural Blend: The ingredient blend of this product is purely natural. The product is free from artificial preservatives, gluten, GMOs, nuts, and soy. The blend of its natural ingredients gives it an authentic Italian flavor.
- Easy To Prepare: You won’t have to go through excessive cooking rigor to prepare Vegan Burger. You can get this veggie food ready in about 10 minutes with the easy steps of adding water, stir, sauté, and seasoning.
- Very Affordable: Vegan Burger offers a viable option for those with meager budgets. This product is cost-effective and arguably one of the most affordable veggie burgers available.
- Excess Oil: The nature of the ingredients in this product makes it produce excess oil, which might not be suitable for many buyers.
- Mushy Texture: Many consumers of Vegan Burger find the product excessively mushy. This feature makes it hard to chew, which is a turn-off point for some buyers.
Conclusion on the Best Veggie Burgers
Diet is not just about swallowing anything edible. It is about eating meals that are of high nutritional value and safe for your health. Veggie burgers are a good alternative for regular meat burgers and other foods with high-calorie content. They offer high nutritional values, delicious tastes, and healthy substitutes.
As much as identifying the best veggie burgers might seem a hassle for most buyers, this review presents a list of some of the best products to consider. However, it is best to make a thorough review of each product and select the one that best meets your needs.