Pre-workout supplements give you an edge in achieving the best result from your workout routine. A pre-workout supplement is different from a supplement for weight loss or supplement to gain weight. Pre-workout supplements specifically offer pre-workout benefits.
The diverse pre-workout supplements make athletes, and other bodybuilding enthusiasts ask questions like “which supplement should I take?” It doesn’t matter if you have considered or taken workout diets or pre-workout meals; taking the right supplement will play a vital role in your workout routine and its results.
Considering the needs of workout enthusiasts and the difficulty in selecting the best supplement, we have taken a deep dig into the pre-workout supplement world. This review is based on the practical evaluation, users’ reviews, and other general surveys. The primary aim of this review is to assist potential buyers in getting the best pre-workout supplements to suit their needs.
Our overall top pick for the best pre-workout supplement is the Naked Nutrition Creatine Monohydrate. This supplement earns its place as our top pick because of its impressive result, fast absorption, and cost-effectiveness. Likewise, its action is not limited to the pre-workout actions; it also helps in the post-workout alleviation of muscle soreness.
The best pre-workout supplements should have minimal side effects while helping you achieve your desired result. It should provide specific action and not pose any serious health threat to users. Below is the list of the best pre-workout supplements to try.
- 1 Comparison Table for the Best Pre-workout Supplements
- 1.1 Top Pick: Naked Nutrition Creatine Monohydrate
- 1.2 Runner Up: Intrasurge Intra-Workout Energy BCAA Powder
- 1.3 Budget Pick: PrimaForce Citrulline Malate Powder Supplement
- 1.4 Also Great: Cellucor C4 Ripped Sport Pre-Workout Powder
- 1.5 Value Pick: Nutricost Beta-Alanine Powder
- 1.6 Conclusion on the Best Pre-workout Supplements
Comparison Table for the Best Pre-workout Supplements
|Top Pick: Naked Nutrition Creatine Monohydrate||● Fast absorption
● Fast dissolving
|100% pure micronized creatine|
|Runner Up: Intrasurge Intra-Workout Energy BCAA Powder
|● Clinically dosed formula
● Bioavailable and proven ingredients
● Hard-hitting results
|Suitable as intra, pre, and post-workout supplement
|Budget Pick: PrimaForce Citrulline Malate Powder Supplement
|● Very affordable
● High potency and purity
● Clinically tested ingredients
|Only pharmaceutical grades and clinically tested ingredients|
|Also Great: Cellucor C4 Ripped Sport Pre-Workout Powder
|● High value for money
● Sugar and creatine free
● Clinically studied ingredients
|Certified for sport|
|Value Pick: Nutricost Beta-Alanine Powder
|● Pure Beta alanine powder
● Non-GMO and third party tested
|Allows you to prepare a preferred supplement|
Top Pick: Naked Nutrition Creatine Monohydrate
The uniqueness of this supplement starts with its pure composition. Naked Nutrition Creatine Monohydrate is composed of pure creatine monohydrate. It does not include any artificial sweetener and flavors. This composition allows it to easily blend with drink and aids its fast absorption and fast action.
Naked Nutrition Creatine Monohydrate also helps in muscle yield and muscle gain. It achieves this by boosting users’ strength and energy level to increase the length of workout time. It can assist users in breaking beyond their regular workout limits.
This supplement also offers post-workout benefits by alleviating post-workout muscle soreness. Overall, Naked Nutrition Creatine Monohydrate increases exercise capacity, promotes weight gain, improves strength, and offers post-workout benefits.
- Natural Ingredients: Naked Nutrition Creatine Monohydrate is primarily composed of natural ingredients. Its composition is 100% pure micronized creatine monohydrate without any additives such as artificial sweeteners, colors, or flavor.
- Fast Absorption: Naked creatine dissolves rapidly in water or any other drink of your choice, which aids its fast action in the body system.
- Post Workout Benefit: Aside from effectively performing its pre-workout function, this supplement also assists in the alleviation of muscle soreness after exercising.
- Sleeplessness: Some users report difficulty in sleeping after product usage. This drawback is largely due to the prolonged action of the supplement.
- Itchy Skin: Some users also reported experiencing a slight itchy skin after taking the product. This side effect, however, reverses without much medical action.
Runner Up: Intrasurge Intra-Workout Energy BCAA Powder
Intrasurge Intra-Workout Energy BCAA Powder is an impressive 3 in 1 product that is useful for improving strength, boosting cognitive function, and enhancing endurance. This supplement contains viable ingredients that include BCAA amino acids, L-citrulline, and caffeine.
The combination of its ingredients makes it ideal for those that want to embark on a fasted workout. While focusing on assisting users through the period of physical exercise, it will also boost workout results.
Intrasurge Intra-Workout Energy BCAA Powder does not contain any artificial filler. Instead, it enhances a synergistic performance with its proven ingredients. It does not cause a sluggish workout session; instead, it boosts energy, enhances recovery, and improves overall performance.
- It Enhances Focus: While working on the physical aspects of the body, the product also works on the cognitive aspects to improve focus and concentration during physical activities.
- It Improves Recovery Time: Intrasurge Intra-Workout Energy BCAA Powder facilitates the speedy recovery of muscle after intensive activities. Therefore, you won’t be burdened by the feeling of being too sore after these activities.
- It is Ideal for Fasted Workout: If you want to embark on a fasted workout or proceed on a recurrent fasting period, then Intrasurge Intra-Workout Energy BCAA Powder can offer a valid solution to your pre-workout needs.
- Bloating: Some users have reported experiencing bloating with this product after repeated use.
- Caffeine Concentration: You might have to check your caffeine intake If you take Intrasurge Intra-Workout Energy BCAA Powder with other caffeine beverages. You must keep it in check to ensure that you are not exceeding the daily recommended caffeine dosage.
Budget Pick: PrimaForce Citrulline Malate Powder Supplement
First off, it is essential to note PrimaForce Citrulline Malate Powder Supplement as one of the most affordable products you would come across. The purity and potency of this product have been clinically tested. It is particularly designed for those that train hard and want to take their workout action to the next level.
This product specifically improves vascularity and promotes endurance during workouts and other physical exercises. PrimaForce Citrulline Malate Powder Supplement is capable of improving users’ stamina to prepare them for intense weightlifting or cardio actions. This improved workout means you can take your workout to the next level.
- Promotion of Muscle Growth: PrimaForce Citrulline Malate Powder Supplement does not only improve strength; it also promotes muscle gain. It is designed to enhance overall athletic performance.
- It Enhances Endurance and Stamina: This product improves the endurance and enhances the stamina of hard trainers. It achieves this by eliminating ammonia from the body before it causes muscle fatigue.
- It Shortens Recovery Time: PrimaForce Citrulline Malate Powder Supplement reduces your fatigue recovery time after rigorous physical exercise.
- Stomach Cramps: Some users reported experiencing abdominal discomfort and stomach cramps after the use of PrimaForce Citrulline Malate Powder Supplement.
- Sour Taste: The product gives off a sour taste that most users find to be unpleasant. Although it might be minimal in fruit drinks, it won’t be unnoticed in drinks like coffee.
Also Great: Cellucor C4 Ripped Sport Pre-Workout Powder
Aside from the fact that Cellucor C4 Ripped Sport Pre-Workout Powder is quite affordable, it also offers incredible high value for money. This product is composed of pre-workout C4 powder. It is free of both creatine and sugar.
Instead, the supplement largely contains ingredients like caffeine, citrulline malate, and CLA. These ingredients work together to offer users impressive strengths and promote the gain of lean muscle mass. This pre-workout powder works by cutting excess body fat and improving your overall physical performance during exercise.
Users of this supplement do not report a bloating feeling or jittery. Instead, the product has beta-alanine content which may cause users to experience some tingling sensation.
- Explosive Energy: This supplement provides users with an explosive energy that allows them to make an extra push during various physical, and energy-demanding activities.
- Fat Cutting Ability: Cellucor C4 Ripped Sport Pre-Workout Powder has an impressive fat cutting ability. This action, in turn, boosts the ability of the product to promote weight gain.
- Suitable for Sports: While some supplements might be excessive or banned in sporting activities, Cellucor C4 Ripped Sport Pre-Workout Powder presents one of the best pre-workout supplement options for sporting activities.
- Selective Suitability: The use of Cellucor C4 Ripped Sport Pre-Workout Powder might not be universal because it is not ideal for individuals with digestive or dairy sensitivities.
- Poor Taste: The taste of Cellucor C4 Ripped Sport Pre-Workout Powder is not as appealing as most other supplements. Many users have reported finding its taste unpleasant.
Value Pick: Nutricost Beta-Alanine Powder
If you desire one of the best pre-workout supplements that offer a high value for money, then Nutricost Beta-Alanine Powder should be on your priority list. This supplement is simply a pure, high-quality beta-alanine powder that is gluten-free. This product does not only work on your body system, but it also works on your cognitive functions to boost your concentration during any physical activity.
Nutricost Beta-Alanine Powder provides its users with more energy that allows them to put a little more during work out sessions. This little more can add impressively to their overall bodybuilding results.
Aside from its effective performance during a workout, the product also has an impressive post-workout performance. Nutricost Beta-Alanine Powder prevents muscle soreness and causes significant delays in muscle fatigue after vigorous exercise.
- Energy Boosting: Nutricost Beta-Alanine Powder significantly boosts the energy of users. It also prevents muscle soreness and delays muscle fatigue after providing you with enough strength to push more.
- High Value For Money: Aside from the fact that Nutricost Beta-Alanine Powder is considerably affordable, the product also allows you to enjoy the maximum value for the money you would pay to obtain it.
- Flexibility: This product does not only work on users’ strengths, but it also boosts cognitive actions during workout sessions. Likewise, the product is also flexible enough to allow you to add your pre-workout energy drinks or blend.
- Itching: Some users have reported experiencing tingling and itching sensation on their ears and skin, which is quite irritating and makes many users uncomfortable.
- Weather Conscious: You have to pay special attention to weather conditions while using Nutricost Beta-Alanine Powder. You might need to add a few packets of silica gel if you live in a humid climate to avoid clumping.
Conclusion on the Best Pre-workout Supplements
Using a suitable pre-workout supplement helps you to take your fitness activities to the next level. Most supplements function to improve focus, enhance strength and stamina, assist muscle gain and muscle growth, and speed up recovery time after intensive workout sessions.
However, taking pre-workout supplements on trial can be detrimental to your health. It is best to know the benefits, drawbacks, and the compatibility of the supplement to your health before taking it. You should only take the recommended supplements that pose little or no threat to your health and overall safety.